Meet Director Guidelines and Notes
ADDITIONAL MEET DIRECTOR NOTES
Dates to Remember
- June 1:
Coaches’ Information Due
- Also, please send a list of your coaches to email@example.com
- June 15: Certificates of Insurance Due
- July 14-15: Smoky Mountain Invitational
- July 27-29: GKAISA City Meet
Rule Changes and Clarifications
- For all Dual and Tri- Meets and the GKAISA City Meet: During warm-ups, diving will only be allowed in one-way lanes.
- Starting blocks at City Meet will not have the starting wedges for freestyle, breast stroke and butterfly or pull-downs for backstroke.
- At Dual and Tri- Meets, on-deck changes are permissible with the consent of the Referee.
Sample Email to Opposing Team (should be sent a week prior to the meet)
Welcome, Opposing Team!
We are so very excited to be hosting you next Tuesday evening, __________________. Our pool is located at ________________________. We look forward to seeing you next week and wanted to be sure that you had the necessary information prior to our meet.
Pool: 25 yd pool with 6 lanes
Blocks on start end
Depths: 10’ start end, 4’2” on finish end
Note: There are permanent ladders in Lanes 1 and 6.
Add any other eccentric details about your pool.
Our meet is set to begin at 6:00 pm. Our team will warm-up from 5:00-5:30, and your team will have the pool from 6:00-6:30. Our head coach, _______________________, will contact your coaches directly regarding entries and with additional details regarding the meet.
We run a Clerk of Course, with chairs set up behind the blocks for the heats, as well as a corral to line up swimmers before they head to the blocks. We will run the meet in 2 sessions and will need your assistance in filling the following worker positions for each session:
- Clerk of Course (1 per session)
- Timers (3 per session)
- Stroke and Turn Judges (2 per session)
- Runners (2 per session)
- Finish Judge (1 per session)
- Jump Judge (2 per session)
- Scorer (1 to work entire meet)
- Ribbon Writer (1 for 2nd session only)
- Scribes (3 per session, if available… we will pair up a scribes with timers from the opposing team)
The following will be working in key leadership positions at our meet. If you have questions in any of these areas on the day of the Meet, please see one of them.
- Aquatic Facilities Manager:
- Meet Director:
- Head Coach:
- Volunteer Coordinator:
In the meantime, if you have any questions, please feel to contact me. I can be reached at ____________________