Meet Director Meeting Follow-Up
Team Reps, Coaches and Meet Directors,
Thank you for attending the Meet Director's Meeting this morning. I hope that we were able to provide some useful information, and we very much appreciate your patience and helpful suggestions as we navigate these new and uncharted waters together. While it may be unlike any that we have seen before, we hope to make this a summer of fun and competitive swimming for our young athletes. We cannot do this without you.
I have attached the handout referenced in this morning's meeting. It is also posted on the GKAISA website. If you were unable to attend but would like to see the discussion, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and I will send you a link to the meeting.
The current Meet Schedule is posted on the GKAISA and each team's website.
As we discussed, the Meet Schedule will change, depending on when pools are allowed to open for the season.
THE MEET SCHEDULE IS POSTED ON GKAISA AND EACH TEAM WEBSITE.
Below are some "rules" from Swimtopia re: League Meet Schedules:
- Check the default for your Preferred Swim Course -- go to Manage Team > Settings (upper right corner) > Team Information
- Ensure your current season is set to "2020" and that the dates match GKAISA’s definition of "2020" -- January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020, with an age-up date of May 31, 2020. NOTE: if your current season is out-of-date, you'll see an orange box on any screen in "Manage Team," with instructions to fix your season. Your newly-imported meets will not appear on your Schedule until after your season has been updated.
- If they haven’t been created already, set up meet entry preferences under Manage Team > Settings > Meet Entry Preferences. (If your preferences were already established, all of the imported meets will use those preferences as the default.) Then you can go into each meet and apply those preferences (Manage Team > Schedule > meet name > Team Preferences -- then click the white button that says "Actions," and then "Apply Team Preferences" -- see Meet Entry Preferences
- Review each meet and decide if you'd like to edit or add any more details, such as the name, location, description, etc.
- Add a job template to each meet -- see Job Templates
- Edit the meet status when you’re ready to open meet signups and volunteer signups -- see Meet or Event Status
- NEVER unlink a meet -- this is necessary to keep home/visiting teams linked together and linked to the LEAGUE site.
- If meet dates need to change, then all teams AND GKAISA must make necessary adjustments.
- If the teams participating in a meet need changed (such as changing from a dual meet to a tri meet), then notify Sherren Chadwell (email@example.com). These changes must be made by Swimtopia on the league schedule.
DURING MERGE - SELECT VIRTUAL MEET
After "Build Maestro Meet" has been selected.
While in the meet, go to the Merge/Export tab. Once all teams are Ready, click the yellow "Build Maestro Meet" button.
Once that's clicked, you'll see a dialog box where you can check the box for Virtual Meets.
BE SURE TO SELECT YOUR COURSE LENGTH FOR YOUR TEAM POOL.
For more details, see Swimtopia's Help Center article about Virtual Meets.