IMPORTANT INFORMATION: SENIOR SPLASH
Coaches and Team Reps,
We are excited to host the first-ever GKAISA Senior Splash tomorrow morning, July 25, at Knoxville Racquet Club. This email contains some important information regarding the Meet tomorrow. Please read it carefully and call Angelia Nystrom at 865.851.0262 with any questions.
GKAISA MUST have a copy of the COVID-19 release for any swimmer entered in the Meet.
We are still missing a number of them for your seniors. We have reached out to coaches and/or team reps to obtain those. They MUST be submitted to Angelia Nystrom via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10:00 pm tonight.
ALSO, be sure that your hard copies of the releases for your entire team have been submitted to GKAISA no later than Friday of next week. The can be mailed to Angelia Nystrom at 613 Scotswood Circle, Knoxville 37919 or sent via email.
Your swimmers should plan to arrive in the morning in time to do the screening to enter the pool area.
All swimmers AND spectators must have appropriate face coverings, which should be worn at all times (unless in the pool). Safety is our priority at this Meet, and we want to ensure that we are all taking appropriate measures to protect ourselves and others to the extent possible.
Anyone entering the facility will be required to answer the following questions in order to gain entry:
- Have you been told to quarantine/isolate by a medical provider or the health department?
- In the last 14 days, have you had close contact (i.e., less than 6 feet of physical distance) for more than 10 minutes with someone who has or is suspected of having COVID-19?
- Are you experiencing cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing which is new or not explained by a pre-existing condition?
- In the last 48 hours, have you had at least 2 of the following symptoms which are new or not explained by a pre-existing condition: fever, chills, repeated shaking chills, fatigue, muscle pain, body aches, headache, sore throat, nasal congestion or runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, or loss of taste or smell?
- Was your temperature 100.4 or above just prior to this screening?
Swimmers and spectators should take steps to adequately “social distance,” maintaining 6 ft of space between unrelated persons (to the extent possible). Spectators should bring their own chairs and can sit in the grassy area. Only swimmers and meet workers will be permitted on the pool deck.
Please be sure that your swimmers and parents are aware of these requirements. Anyone not following these guidelines will be asked to leave.
Warm-ups will begin at 7:00 am as follows:
7:00-7:20 (No more than 2 swimmers per lane).
Lanes 1-6 KRC
Lanes 7-8 WSY
7:20-7:40 (No more than 2 swimmers per lane).
Lanes 1-3 VG
Lane 4 VG/ NFC
Lanes 5-6 PC
Lane 7 GW
Lane 8 GW/BFST
7:40-8:00 (No more than 2 swimmers per lane)
Lane 1 GMST
Lane 2 HHST
Lane 3 USC
Lane 4 MAFD
Lane 5 SWSR
The Meet will start at 8:15. Workers will take their places immediately following the third warm-up.
We will have commemorative Heat Sheets for sale for $5 each. They will be sold “cash only.” Please ask your parents to have exact change. We are trying to minimize contact, and appreciate everyone’s cooperation.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
1.Commemorative programs with swimmer names and bios and the heat sheet will be available for sale at $5 each.
2.The KRC snack bar will be open. Food and drinks may be purchased by cash or credit card. Meet workers must supply their own food and drink during the meet.
3. All participants and spectators must enter through the designated gate. All persons must complete the verbal health questionnaire to gain entry.
4. Masks or other face coverings must be worn at all times by all persons upon entry into the facility. Swimmers may remove masks in order to compete but should otherwise have appropriate face covering. THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
5.Social distancing of 6’ or more should be maintained at all times unless with a family unit.
6.No person should enter the Knoxville Racquet Club (KRC) indoor facility for any reason.
7. Restrooms will be open; however, changing rooms will not. Swimmers should arrive ready to swim and should not use the restrooms as a changing facility before, during or after the meet.
8.Tents are not permitted inside the fenced area.
9.Spectators should remain on the grassy area and should not come onto the pool deck. The pool deck is reserved for swimmers who are competing and for meet workers.
10.Parking is free and is available in the KRC lot on a first-come basis. If the lot is full and if cars park in Timbercrest subdivision, be sure that cars are parked only on the right-hand side of the street and that driveways and mailboxes are not blocked. Cars violating this are subject to being towed.
PLEASE REMIND YOUR SWIMMERS AND PARENTS THAT WE ARE GUESTS AT KRC AND THAT ALL THE ABOVE-RULES MUST BE OBSERVED AT ALL TIMES. Our goal is to conduct a safe meet that honors our approximately 40 seniors in accordance with Knox County Health Department guidelines.
… AND FINALLY....
We are looking forward to a great meet tomorrow. Thank you for all that you are doing for your teams and your swimmers during this difficult year.