GKAISA News and Notes: May 21 -- Updated Information
Coaches and Team Reps,
Summer is almost here, and we know that it is going to be a GREAT one!!
CERTIFIED OFFICIALS CLINICS
Please encourage your parents to attend one of our many Certified Officials Clinics this year. Clinics will be led by Tom Schumann and will be held at various locations in our area. An updated copy of the schedule is attached.
ALSO, Tom is hosting the first-ever Virtual Officials Clinic this Sunday evening at 7:00 pm. He will be joined by several other USA Swimming officials. The link to sign up and participate is as follows:
GKAISA Virtual Officials Clinic
May 23rd, 7:00PM EST
Join on your computer or mobile app
Just hit “Click here to join the meeting”to participate.
The Meet Schedules and templates have now been uploaded by Swimtopia. Here are some tips you can use when accessing the meets that are now on your calendars:
- If your meet entry preferences were already established, all of the imported meets will use those preferences as the default. If they haven’t been created already, you can set up meet entry preferences under Manage Team > Settings > Meet Entry Preferences. Then you can go into each meet and apply those preferences: Manage Team > Schedule > meet name > Team Preferences -- then click the white button that says "Actions," and then "Apply Team Preferences" -- see Meet Entry Preferences
- Review each meet and decide if you'd like to edit or add any more details, such as the name, location, description, etc.
- Add a job template to each meet -- see Job Templates
- Edit the meet status when you’re ready to open meet signups and volunteer signups -- see Meet or Event Status
- Under Meet Setup > Linking, never unlink a meet from GKAISA -- this is necessary to keep home/visiting teams linked together and linked to the GKAISA site.
Coaches Certifications are due June 1. Coaches much submit Athlete Protection, Concussion, Sudden Cardiac Death, and two signature forms required by State of Tennessee. Any coach not turning in the forms by June 1 will be fined $50.Please submit the forms via Google Docs on GKAISA website.
CERTIFICATES OF INSURANCE
Certificates of Insurance are due June 15. Please submit via Google Docs on GKAISA website. Information can be found at https://gkaisa.swimtopia.com/meet-directors-notes. If you have questions, please contact Breckenridge Morgan at Breckenridge.Morgan@mac.com.
SWIMMERS SEEKING ADDITIONAL YEAR OF ELIGIBILITY
If you have a swimmer who was 18 last year and who desires an additional year to swim because of COVID, please complete the attached form and return it to Angelia Nystrom at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to June 1.
Coaches Certifications Due: June 1, 2021
Age Waivers Due: June 1, 2021
Certificates of Insurance Due: June 15, 2021
Smoky Mountain Invitational: July 10-11, 2021 (Springbrook Park)
GKAISA Championship Meet: July 29, 30 and 31, 2021 (Tentative)
Senior Splash: July 24, 2021 (KRC)
Fall General Membership Meeting: Tuesday, October 19, 2021 at 7:00 pm (Location TBD)