GKAISA News and Notes: May 28
Coaches and Team Reps,
By Tuesday, Summer Swim Season will have officially begun!! We are so excited to hear that many teams have record numbers of swimmers this year. We are so excited to see you all compete.
CERTIFIED OFFICIALS CLINICS
Please encourage your parents to attend one of our many Certified Officials Clinics this year. Clinics will be led by Tom Schumann and will be held at various locations in our area. An updated copy of the schedule is attached.
The Meet Schedules and templates have now been uploaded by Swimtopia. Here are some tips you can use when accessing the meets that are now on your calendars:
- If your meet entry preferences were already established, all of the imported meets will use those preferences as the default. If they haven’t been created already, you can set up meet entry preferences under Manage Team > Settings> Meet Entry Preferences. Then you can go into each meet and apply those preferences: Manage Team > Schedule > meet name > Team Preferences -- then click the white button that says "Actions," and then "Apply Team Preferences" -- see Meet Entry Preferences
- Review each meet and decide if you'd like to edit or add any more details, such as the name, location, description, etc.
- Add a job template to each meet -- see Job Templates
- Edit the meet status when you’re ready to open meet signups and volunteer signups -- see Meet or Event Status
- Under Meet Setup > Linking, never unlink a meet from GKAISA -- this is necessary to keep home/visiting teams linked together and linked to the GKAISA site.
Coaches Certifications are due June 1. Coaches much submit Athlete Protection, Concussion, Sudden Cardiac Death, and two signature forms required by State of Tennessee. Any coach not turning in the forms by June 1 will be fined $50.Please submit the forms via Google Docs on GKAISA website.
Information found at https://gkaisa.swimtopia.com/coaches-training-1. If you have any questions, please contact Breckenridge Morgan at https://gkaisa.swimtopia.com/meet-directors-notes. If you have questions, please contact Breckenridge Morgan at Breckenridge.Morgan@mac.com.
SWIMMERS SEEKING ADDITIONAL YEAR OF ELIGIBILITY
If you have a swimmer who was 18 last year and who desires an additional year to swim because of COVID, please complete the attached form and return it to Angelia Nystrom at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to June 1.
Coaches Certifications Due: June 1, 2021
Age Waivers Due: June 1, 2021
Certificates of Insurance Due: June 15, 2021
Smoky Mountain Invitational: July 10-11, 2021 (Springbrook Park)
GKAISA Championship Meet: July 29, 30 and 31, 2021 (Tentative)
Senior Splash: July 24, 2021 (KRC)
Fall General Membership Meeting: Tuesday, October 19, 2021 at 7:00 pm (Location TBD)
… AND FINALLY...
Who Swims for Doughnuts? The GKAISA Instagram challenge will begin next week. This week's challenge will be: "Show Us How Much You Are Enjoying the Start of the Season." To compete, post your photos on Instagram with the hashtag #GKAISA between June 1 and June 4. Be sure that your team name is included. Our doughnut winner will be announced next weekend.