GKAISA News and Notes: June 6
Coaches and Team Reps,
Congratulations to the Beaver Brook Blue Fins-- winners of our Week 1 Doughnut Challenge!! A sweet treat will be headed their way this week.
This week's theme is "Dive into Summer Swim Season." Post your photos to Instagram between Monday and Friday, with the hashtag #GKAISA. Be sure that you include your team name. The winner will be announced next Monday
CERTIFIED OFFICIALS CLINICS
Please encourage your parents to attend one of our many Certified Officials Clinics this year. Clinics will be led by Tom Schumann and will be held at various locations in our area. An updated schedule is on the GKAISA website. (https://GKAISA.swimtopia.com)
The Meet Schedules and templates have now been uploaded by Swimtopia. Here are some tips you can use when accessing the meets that are now on your calendars:
- If your meet entry preferences were already established, all of the imported meets will use those preferences as the default. If they haven’t been created already, you can set up meet entry preferences under Manage Team > Settings> Meet Entry Preferences. Then you can go into each meet and apply those preferences: Manage Team > Schedule > meet name > Team Preferences -- then click the white button that says "Actions," and then "Apply Team Preferences" -- see Meet Entry Preferences
- Review each meet and decide if you'd like to edit or add any more details, such as the name, location, description, etc.
- Add a job template to each meet -- see Job Templates
- Edit the meet status when you’re ready to open meet signups and volunteer signups -- see Meet or Event Status
- Under Meet Setup > Linking, never unlink a meet from GKAISA -- this is necessary to keep home/visiting teams linked together and linked to the GKAISA site.
Coaches Certifications were due June 1. Coaches must submit Athlete Protection, Concussion, Sudden Cardiac Death, and two signature forms required by State of Tennessee. If you have not done so already, please submit the forms via Google Docs on GKAISA website.
CERTIFICATES OF INSURANCE DUE
Certificates of Insurance are due on June 15. Please upload them through the Google Docs link on the GKAISA website. If you have any questions, please contact Breckenridge Morgan at Breckenridge.Morgan@mac.com.
Certificates of Insurance Due: June 15, 2021
Smoky Mountain Invitational: July 10-11, 2021 (Springbrook Park)
GKAISA Championship Meet: July 29, 30 and 31, 2021
Senior Splash: July 24, 2021 (KRC)
Fall General Membership Meeting: Tuesday, October 19, 2021 at 7:00 pm (Location TBD)
… AND FINALLY...
Summer season just started... but we are already preparing for the GKAISA City Meet. Be on the lookout for information about format and entries in the next couple of weeks.